Hi.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Coraline, the book.

If you read my blog, as you can see, I posted about Coraline.  Now, I told you all about the movie.  Now you should get used to hearing me talk about the book.  The book is much better.  It even has a grabber in the beginning.  "Coraline discovered the door." That's what it says in the beginning and it grabs you.

Coraline is the main character, in case you didn't already know that.  The main thing about this is big round button eyes with four holes on them.  I'm going to list all the characters now:  Coraline, Coraline's mother, father, the other mother, the rats, Mr. Bobo,
Miss Spink and Miss Forcible.  There, the characters are done.  You've read what I think about the movie.  Some things are similar but some things are different.  Here are the differences.  Her father would cook chicken, but stuff it with prunes or something and that doesn't happen in the movie.  Her other mother cooks normal chicken, filled with nothing but the inside of a chicken. In the movie, there's someone named Wybie.

In the book, he's not included.  See what I mean about differences? 

Another difference is, Coraline never discovered the door in the beginning of the movie.  Another thing, in the movie, the first time at daylight, she opens the door and finds bricks.  At night, she finds the door clear open.  Now, for the book, in the beginning, of course she finds the bricks, but at night red bricks once again.  That's the last difference and that's all I'm saying.  Hope you read this blog entry.

THE END>:)
 

2 comments:

  1. I loved the book and the movie. They are so completely different, but both so awesome. How often does that happen? Usually, if one is great, the other is terrible. For example: The Tale of Despereaux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't really agree with you. No offense, but I liked the movie and the book of Tale of Despereaux. I didn't like the book more than the movie. I thought it was great. I read it thousands of times. >:) :) :( :-)

    ReplyDelete