Hi.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Twice the thrills! Twice the chills!

From  my friend's blog:
"the concept is pretty basic - you have one theater for one halloween night. what double feature do you program and why? two films and your motivations for selecting them, otherwise no limits. i leave it to your unfettered imaginations."

I picked Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Coraline.





Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is about a girl who can speak to animals and bugs. She feels almost like she's an animal herself. Her world is a big valley with windmills. The world is going to be filled with toxic air and humans can't live on it.

I would play it at a theater on Halloween because it has a lot of shadows and when it shows the mob of Ohmus there's this really creepy music. When I saw those things for the first time, I wanted my mommy.



Coraline is a movie about a girl who stops her world from being completely changed. It's very scary. It's teaching that parents have very good reasons to not get you a million things.

There was the doll, which she called, "Little Me". I thought it was pretty scary. It reminds me of the time I saw the cover of Chucky.

It's a very Halloween movie, because the music is a lot like The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is a Halloween movie.

1 comment:

  1. these are great, thomas. as soon as a couple more people get back to me with their entries i am going to post an update that will link to all of you guys so people can come read what you had to say. thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete